- South African qualified doctors with MBChB or MBBCh
- Registered as an independent medical practitioner with the HPCSA
- South African qualified Registered Nurses
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
- South African qualified ALS (Advanced Life Support) Paramedics
- ALS, ECT, ECP, CCA, NDip, BTech
- Registered as independent practitioner with the HPCSA
Application criteria for all applicants
- A minimum of three years post-graduate clinical experience
- Current ACLS certificate
- Fluent in English (written, grammar and spoken language)
- Computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid passport
- Eligible for a USA C1D visa
- Commitment to a minimum of one year employment (two 4-month contracts)
Experience in acute care, especially management of respiratory and cardiac emergencies (such as the management of arrhythmias and acute coronary syndromes, and the management of ventilated patients) is essential. Experience working private healthcare facilities is highly desirable.
PREPARING A CV & COVER LETTER
- Use a cover letter to introduce yourself, explain why you are applying for the position, and why you are a suitable candidate for the position.
- CV’s should not be more than 5 pages long.
- List all professional qualifications – most recent first (and include only qualifications relevant to the position)
- List most recent work experience FIRST (include only work experience relevant to the position)
- Visit the BMJ Careers website for more helpful hints.